Thread: SimCity
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-13, 12:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Ragefighter
Contributor
Sergeant

Re: SimCity

Originally Posted by Knocky View Post
Images not representative of actual gameplay.

Since the EA scum made those words small....I shall make them large!

And while once upon a time I would have wanted to buy it ( I have SimCity4 ) I have refused to buy a single EA product since 2008. Which will mean I will miss out on the next Command & Conquer game as well. Their stance on SecuRom drove me over the edge when they said that the Sims 2 CD in my computer was not a Sims 2 CD and that I had pirated it. EA/Sims customer service was non-existant so I am doing all I can....buy not buying their game and telling everyone whenever a thread like this pops up to reconsider helping the DRM supporters from continuing to take over the industry.

REAL pirates have no problem bypassing every single anti-pirate measure they take. Real PEOPLE are left trying to figure out why we get error messages telling us to insert a VALID CD. The ONLY game that should require online service are those that are PLAYED online.

/Rant over.
yea kinda figured it was a cinimatic, but for me a new, REAL, SimCity game is good news.

I hate games that make you insert a CD/DVD to play. and hate DRM.
best I can do is use a stupid Steam/Origin service so my game is there on all my PC's and so I can download it anytime. but I have to be online to use it, and I hate using those services...

but really, there is nothing we can do. for every 1 person that passes over a game because of DRM there are thousands of people buying it. hell the young gamers do not know any difference, and probably don't know of a time when there was none.

THE WORST thing is when you can go to a store and buy a game, sure...
BUT when you get home and put the disk in to install it YOU NEED TO DOWNLOAD THE WHOLE GAME ANYWAY Because it uses STEAM. Thanks for the blank DVD! /glares menacingly at Skyrim

One really nice site out there that sells DRM free games is http://www.gog.com/
most of the games are old (not a bad thing! sometimes this is the only place to find classics like Total Annihilation) but there is some very new games like The Witcher 1 and 2. and lots of the games come with a ton of extra stuff like soundtracks, maps, guides, etc...