PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Deployed Galaxy Spawning
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-14, 12:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Coreldan
Colonel

Re: Deployed Galaxy Spawning

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
making them OS resistant is just ridiculous.
Well, depends. The thing is that you can't protect it from an OS if it's anywhere near to what it was in PS1. Even if it's not a command function or that it requires resources, if it's still more or less "point and click on a map" and will one shot Galaxy, that really is ridicilous too.

The reason AMSs were at least somewhat AMS resistant was they took some effort to find their exact location cos of the cloak. Now we have an aircraft that 1) has to fly to the scene, already making a big ass "OK, AMS COMING" warning to the enemy 2) is much bigger than the AMS from PS1 3) can't hide itself even the little the cloak bubble did.

I didnt spot that they said OS wont be in at launch, I've only spotted they said they will return. But if the mechanics are in any way similar, one shotting a deployed Gal will not be too fun except if the OS are extremely rare and can't be spammed, but how are you gonna make an OS that can't be used by the same empire many times in a row? Who gets to be the one to use it?

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube