PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Brainstorming: VS MAX Special Abilities
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-15, 03:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
Mr DeCastellac
First Sergeant

Re: Brainstorming: VS MAX Special Abilities

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Jumpjets were too good. They have a Light Assault class which is based around the value that jump jets provide. Giving them to MAX is over the top. It was over the top in PS1 too. MAX bonuses need to be based on flavor and be distinct and impactful but not game changing. Jumpjets are game changing.
I'd say the MAX bonuses were based on flavor :P

TR max gets faster firing weapons (They are based off of rapid-fire weapons)
NC max gets a shield (They're all about power)
and VS max gets jumpjets, as they are mainly based on agility. Seems fair to me :P

Besides, there weren't many uses for them other than getting away. If they put them in PS2, but disabled weapons while flying and for a short duration afterwards, it would be pretty fair.

Pretty much the only use is jumping over a base wall or getting up into trees, which I'm guessing won't happen in PS2 because we have the technology to make trees not just "T" shaped platforms xD
It's not even useful inside a base or getting around, so I don't see how it was OP. However, my mind is always open, and I'd love to hear an explanation as to why everyone thinks the jumpjets were OP.