PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Higby/Devs: PS2 Linux + Steam Q's
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-18, 01:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Trevellian
Private

Re: Higby/Devs: PS2 Linux + Steam Q's

Originally Posted by Falcbe View Post
still after everything, linux is not user friendly, and you do NOT want apple to be producing the primary os for PC. they plan to close up mac os completly like the ipad and iphone are. with as little flexibility and freedom to developers and end users as possible. and they want gaming to move to the ipad and away from the desktop
Not User Friendly? Have you ever played with Ubuntu? It's an amazingly clean and optimized interface. I'd far prefer to use it over Windows except for the small fact I can't play games without using a Windows emulator/shell program.

I am fully aware that Linux is not a viable OS for Gaming "currently". That is why with the revelation that Valve will be releasing a Steam Linux client, I was wondering if anyone was going to be utilizing it besides indie developers. And as SOE releases games on Steam, just made sense to me to ask the logical question of if they planned on doing either A. A Steam Client at All, or B. Not only on the Steam Client, but Linux to utilize the new Client.

Just thought it would be interesting.