PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Request: Let us buy "Alpha Squad" with Station Cash
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-13, 06:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Re: Request: Let us buy "Alpha Squad" with Station Cash

Originally Posted by T-Ray View Post
You know you can always go get a prepaid CC from the grocery store. You can use them just like a CC without the worry or fuss. You can also recharge them if you like.
For anyone in Canada thinking of using these, take some time to read the fine print. The Canadian ones all have some crazy/excessive fees and limited time frames before wiping your funds, etc. Was on the news a while back. Sucks. They have some great ones in the USA though.

I've had a VISA since college in the 90s and just requested to keep my limit at the same $1,200 that it started with. That pretty well prevents a fraudster from doing any real damage with it, but it's useful for online purchases and conveniences here and there. And it only costs about $25/m to carry the full balance, which peanuts compared to the convenience it offers (no need to apply for a payment plan, etc. when buying something large-ish, just VISA it and pay it whenever - don't do that with a $5K credit limit though! ).