PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Community Clash Season 1 – Lane or Single Base Combat Format?
View Single Post
Old 2013-11-07, 07:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
ReachCast
ReachCast Show

Community Clash Season 1 – Lane or Single Base Combat Format?

Per the Community Clash meeting last night I would like to pose the following question to the community and get your feedback on what you think would be a more entertaining and enjoyable combat format for the outfits involved as well as those watching for the coming Season 1 ladder.
Side Note: The coming Community Clash season with be played in a 24v24 format ( My thanks to the community for providing their feedback on this subject in a previous post) http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...4v24_or_48v48/

1. Lane Format The two competing outfits would each start the round/half with two bases in a five base lane. The fifth center base would be neutral to the two competing factions and the scoring system would revolve around capturing and defending as many bases as possible in the lane during the round/half.
e.g. Outfit 1 owns Mani and Mani Lake. Outfit 2 owns Freyr and Freyr Geothermal. The fifth central neutral base would be Aurora Materials. Each side attempts to capture and hold as many bases in the lattice lane as possible during the half and then they switch sides.

2. Single Base Format
The two competing outfits would start each round/half with a home base connected to a three point base. The central three point base would be neutral and the scoring system would revolve around capturing and holding as many points of that base as possible during each round/half.
e.g. Outfit 1 owns Granite Valley Garrison as their home base. Outfit 2 owns East Hills Checkpoint as their home base. Each attempts to capture and hold as many of the points at Splitpeak Pass as possible during the round/half and then switch home bases.
Thank you as always to everyone in the community providing feedback. It helps us better form an event that you will all enjoy participating in and watching.