PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Why I quit PS1
Thread: Why I quit PS1
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-12, 02:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Metalsheep
Master Sergeant

Re: Why I quit PS1

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
I tried to use my words carefully. Such as "usually be enough to take out CE in one area". I'd grab more emp nade packs or a punisher with EMP nades and REXO with a Phenoix if I knew I was trying to go specifically to kill a lot of CE. Although, I've changed my view on punisher emp nades as of late. Having more then two ammo types for the secondary gun on the punisher kinda sucks. Not easy to switch to the type you want with too many types in the load-out. So I switch my punisher nads to reg emp nades in that load-out.

Yes, and yet you don't see the Sundy-bus all that often. Why is that? Couldn't be because it's top speed and torque sucks donkey balls, could it? The top speed/torque, along with all other restrictions... Also, a bang bus has a big profile vs. a ground trooper. More likely to get blown up before it gets close.

A counter that a player could throw or launch at the bang bus which stops it in it tracks for x amount of seconds could help a lot with that issue though....
The top speed is alright for a vehicle of its size, but its definately lacking in torque. Alot of vehicles in Planetside are, though. Cant handle hills or dips at all. You do see Sundys regularly, though. Typically theyre just a suicide EMP into a courtyard by a single driver. So you dont typically see them for long, before they explode. They have woefully inadequate armor for its purpose, especially against CE Mines, ironically. Using the EMP usually gets 1/4-1/2 your armor blown off.

Also, the Tactical Resonance Area Protection (TRAP) is the only way to really stop one, if you place them correctly in the gates. CAnt really place enough of them close enough togather to fully deny access, though. They should have allowed clusters of 3, rather than 2.

If i carry the Pwnisher, i usually keep a set of both Frag and EMP grenades, typically i dont use the EMP nades unless im checking for boomers, or fighting vehicles. But you do get alot more grenades for less space when carrying them with the pwnisher.