PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Resources And Vehicle Timers for Upgrade Balance
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-12, 11:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Skitrel
Contributor
Captain

Re: Resources And Vehicle Timers for Upgrade Balance

Originally Posted by Knocky View Post
Sorry....but there are side grades to make vehicle acquisition time faster. And there was a stack of 5 of em all withe the same symbol. Now some of those 5 icons might have been just placeholders, but the first one definitely is for faster spawning.

*edit*
Acquire Timer 1 certificate.

This of course implies that there are more.
You are assuming that shop items in the GDC demo are definitely going to be in the game. Nothing is solid at all yet. In fact Higby has stated that absolutely everything in the shop was a place holder. Don't make any assumptions until beta.

I'd be more worried about the fact that other factions guns were in the shop in the GDC demo, available for purchase by anyone.... If I didn't know that everything was just a placeholder to show the system.

People want a downside to using a faster vehicle acquisition timer? The downside is not using the upgrade slot to do something that makes you more powerful, or gives you better armour, or whatever. The downside is not having a bonus, other than shorter spawns. This will put you at a disadvantage against those that aren't impatient about vehicle spawns, or are just better at keeping their tank rolling.

Originally Posted by Whitebeam
The amount of resources gained as the empires gain territory needs to be very small. Otherwise, underdog fights will never have a chance against a force that just keeps gaining momentum towards the end of a fight. Nor a chance against a larger force. Unless the same system from PS is implemented that gave the lesser pop a larger XP gain and health.
Resources earned from controlling an area in the game aren't solid, they change. The hex you own today that's high value might be low value tomorrow. I think it's safe to assume that these values may also be in control of the GMs, so when they need to rebalance the game they'll change resource values for various areas. After some testing they'll learn exactly how players behave surrounding these values and be able to use them to control player behaviour very quickly.

Mod: /r/gamernews
Join The Enclave: http://www.enclaveoilrig.com

Last edited by Skitrel; 2012-03-12 at 11:51 PM.