PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Essamir redesign is awesome, but lattice has made it incredibly zerg-centric
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-30, 07:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Stew
Major

Re: Essamir redesign is awesome, but lattice has made it incredibly zerg-centric

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
You just quoted my post that was the answer to what you're stating in your response.

There is only zerg because:
A) There is no way to lock a continent, no way to drive the enemy off completely.
B) The servers have 3 continents. The servers are relatively full. This means we're pretty much getting a two-king draw on each continent, since none of them remains inactive.

What I mean is - when there will be a situation where there's not enough people to create 3 big zergs (VS+TR+NC) on each continent, the lattice will shine brightly. It's population-related, not continentcount-related.
WOW continents locking will simply push peoples on the same areas , On my server matherson , No matters if the NC are 38 % of the pops on a continents , the VS still play as a massive Zergs when our pops is pretty spread evenly across the board while the VS are Zerging their way anywhere else from regions to regions

Continents pops isnt the true problems , pops in Each regions are ... the Zergs isnt there because they cant lock a continents lol

The zergs are there because its a easyway to get thing done and no matter what youll end up winning detroying your opponents by attrition and sheer numbers

Its a simple and infamous tactics , ( if we can call this a tactics ) its a no brainers one but still

Continents lock wont solve anything , populations cap wont solve anything , Zergs are Zerging because they can and they will ...

Lattice and continental lattice will make it easyer actually for Zergs to steam rolls their way to victory , if a overall servers pops is really unbalanced they will actually be able to lock peoples out with ease and the figth will end up been as bad as we experience on matherson now ...

The problems is in the REGIONS /BASES /AREA populations , also we cant have humongous Zergs meating each others in the same area the game break at this point if you have more than 150 players at crossroad watch tower , sorry but the infantry render distance will get broke up , the medic kit will start to break and thing become unresponsive and anoying grenade wont explode and so on ....

The game does not suport that many player all at once in the same area ... We need game mechanics that spread the figths

Can you explain HOW you think continental lattice and continent lock will help in any way with Zergs ?

And please Be precise and details your thinking thanks

Last edited by Stew; 2013-07-30 at 07:23 PM.