PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Essamir redesign is awesome, but lattice has made it incredibly zerg-centric
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-31, 01:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Stew
Major

Re: Essamir redesign is awesome, but lattice has made it incredibly zerg-centric

Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Actually the point of it is that you can join the large battles. That is the virtue of a sandbox game. But it's a dumb thing to say that someone should play BF3 or something similar because they don't like zergs. There are many other features and moments of this game that neither BF3 or other shooters have. Many of those are possible because of the sandbox-like nature of the game. Large battles aren't the only thing this game has going for itself. For instance no one mentions the persistent and seamless world or the large variety of playstyles that are available (some of which are not as viable in a stalemated zerg-fight, SMG Infiltrator anyone?).

Eve is also a game that supports an even more absurd number of players in the same instance, but that doesn't make it the central feature. What is it then? It's the persistent and open world that makes those battles and many other things possible. If the only reason for sticking around in EVE was the large battles, it would be a hollow game next to what it actually is.
Agree , but i should say i like big battles and i was enjoying big battle in eve as well but the thing is i dont like when thing get broken , in EVE or In planetside 2 sometime when you have to much peoples in the same area , thing get broken unresponsive and make everything struggle ...

I like big figths but manageable big figths i mean if planetside 2 could have a tech to render 500 or 1000 players in a 1 square kilometres then i would enjoy that , but Ps2 simply do not support this amount of players in the same area , yes it suports it on a single continents 64 square kilometres ,figth to be fun need to be manageable , the performance , hit registration , frame per second , etc. have to be at the rendez vous if not it become discusting and anoying

Last edited by Stew; 2013-07-31 at 01:14 AM.