PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - TR on Waterson lately
View Single Post
Old 2013-08-16, 02:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Zadexin
Corporal

Re: TR on Waterson lately

Its good that someone else started this thread because I was going to after playing the last 2 weeks. I have a character in all 3 factions and I'm a member of all 3 factions largest outfits (ODAM, VDRS, PXP) on Waterson and have been playing there regularly since the first Merge(over 6 months). But my main love has always been TR. (was on Jaeger pre-merge)

Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
I will say this from a lot or TR players perspectives when you look at the map and see NC and VS fighting TR all along the front lines and then look out the areas along their borders unless it’s an alert you see minimum combat between the two factions. Now that ODAM is under new management they seem to have improved but they still control the way things are done.
I can't disagree more! Since ODAM has changed leadership their performance has been absolutely crap (in August). Granted some people called us a zergfit, whatever. When you can throw down 2 full platoons that is effective as hell! In our heyday we held Indar for about 3 weeks straight, and we OWNED every alert. Now I log into ODAM and its being run by kids, yes frikin 12 year olds giving terrible orders, like "send half the platoon to Amerish to hold 1 biolab" when its already overrun by 48+ enemy. Slyguy let his platoon go to hell and the last time he logged on when I was there he was either so high or so drunk he was just going on these crazy 5 minute rants in outfit chat. really a disgrace. We used to have weekly training and dropship drill practice. We used to pull off awesome hammer and anvil tactics. There is none of that now. The new leaders basically run away from tough fights and ghost cap empty continents. It may sound like I'm being hard on ODAM but that is only because I've been there when it was a crack assault force and it was awesome, and I'm still here even though its a wet paper bag now.

The second factor is the TR animosity on the other 2 factions. Now I have characters in all 3 factions and I can tell without a doubt it is ALWAYS fight TR first THEN the other faction. Even just last night in VDRS on Esamir it was "Curbstomp TR then worry about the NC"

It goes like this
NC hate fighting Vanu so we fight TR,
Vanu love fighting TR so we fight TR first.
TR is continually gang banged so looses pop and becomes server whipping boy.

Its going to take at least 3 months before this runs its course and the gamehoppers ditch PS2 for something new before it works itself out.

I used to find it funny as TR fighting continuous 2 sided wars and every body screaming in chat about NC-VS co-operation. I knew it wasn't ACTUAL co-operation from playing all 3 sides but there was always that unspoken truth. On Waterson, everybody fights TR first, and the other enemy second.