PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - WDS awareness?
Thread: WDS awareness?
View Single Post
Old 2013-10-17, 09:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: WDS awareness?

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Let me put it another way - what would make it exciting for you?
I dont think there is anything you can do in the short term to make the WDS exciting for myself.

This might have been different if there was faction loyalty encouraged by restricting players to one faction per server.
If people wanted to bypass that by creating new accounts then good luck to them, most couldn't be bothered.

As it is now I've created multiple characters on different factions for the sole purpose of getting a free boost.
When you eventually change that to reward participation then I guess in the long run I will still get my share.
Mind you, as soon as they release another paid heroic boost promotion I won't give a rats toss about a 3day reward. (provided the game is still alive by then)

Your goal seems to be directed towards having a balanced scoreboard.
I think thats something you will be forever tweaking if you want to achieve that. And you will have to continue to do that to be seen as sharing the rewards.
Your WDS becomes its own worse enemy if one side continues to dominate and there is little hope for the other factions.
It'll be a full time job when you currently cant control population/warpgate imbalances.
Maybe thats what you wanted, who knows.

I find it hard to believe that before you went to SOE that something like this would have been a priority in PS2 for you.
I would not be surprised if you arent all that keen on it yourself but its the job you have been given for now and you'll give it 110% in true Malorn fashion.
Like it or lump it, its here to stay.

Spinning a three faction Big Wheel to give away that 3day boost every month on an episode of the Command Center would have been a lot less work.
You could still weight factions to balance out results as well.