PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - What do you want in a "collector's edition"
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-18, 04:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
LZachariah
First Lieutenant

Re: What do you want in a "collector's edition"

You know, I love Collector's Editions for my A-List games (ie- games that I'm super excited about) and Planetside 2 is a defining moment in my gaming life. However, i have basically NEVER been interested in Out-Of-Game content. I don't have any interest in miniatures, maps, helmets, salves, creams, prophylactics, or plushies.

I want IN GAME content for my Collector's Edition purchase. Let's assume that this game will NOT be Free-to-Play (but honestly, I absolutely think that SOE should be smart about this and have it be Free-to-Play). So, the game presumably costs $59.99. I want the Collector's Edition to have automatically-unlocked customization options for Outfits and Squads. Some Collector's Editions sell power (like Dragon Age, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, etc), but they can do that because it's a single-player game (there isn't some "other player" who will be overwhelmed with superior power just because he didn't buy the more expensive version). So, as much as I wish I could buy a bunch of special weapons and items, I understand that it would be game-breaking.

So, what I really want in the Collector's Edition (apart from an already-purchased package of customization that can also be purchased piecemeal) is that I want my character to be "Elite" status. I shall explain:

Again, I think that Planetside 2 will be free to play, and that you can spend money to double your earned XP and double the speed of leveling skills. If this is the case, I will absolutely be buying the biggest package possible. But, let's say that the game is NOT Free-to-Play, but is instead a game you purchase. I would still want this feature. Let the game cost $85 instead of $59.99, or whatever, and have Collector's Edition players permanently gain double XP and enjoy double leveling speed.