PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - New single person mechs designed from scratch for PS2
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-21, 08:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
Sirisian
Colonel

Re: New single person mechs designed from scratch for PS2

Originally Posted by Talek Krell View Post
Your desire for it seems to be split between "mechs are cool" and "I don't like having to work with other people" (nicely highlighted by wanting to including the majority of the biffers most problematic features in your cert tree).
Nah it's almost 100% based on "mechs are cool". I think the second sentiment your seeing is a byproduct of the first. They're so cool they'll be used too much. Then again solo play is already inherent in Mosquito and Reaver combat along with the lightning and ATVs. (You really only see forced teamwork with the tanks and deliverer type vehicles). The coolness factor definitely plays into the hatred I think. You have to imagine the skill-trees for everything else in the game is going to be utterly massive. Once you get past that it starts to make sense why I listed all those upgrades and choices for the user. Ideally you can't use them all. I believe you spend cert points or something to unlock them after training them. I think...

It's not like I'm suggesting adding a starhawk type mech to the game. (Which is in another Sony game already). That would be unbalanced.