PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Smed Tweets update on ProSieben Deal
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-30, 06:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #168
Skitrel
Contributor
Captain

Re: Smed Tweets update on ProSieben Deal

Originally Posted by ThGlump View Post
I have no confidence in them, i dont want to support them so i want to use station cash and soe shop, but if i cant i could survive as a freebie (its their money they losing). I dont want the hassle transferring accounts from soe to pro7 and then back to soe in the future (it will fail as many others even if it will take 5-10 years). I had bad experience with that form other companies losing whole accounts, money on them and prepaid time. I just dont accept being handled to inferior service, and try to use as much soe service as possible.
Well unfortunately by the looks of it you're going to be shit out of luck. It looks very much like all European account handling is going to be Pro7. I believe the way they'll get around region locking is by allowing European players to use NA servers but pay and use Pro7 accounts in doing so.

I personally don't have a problem with it(British), SOE accounts aren't going to be deactivated, we're still going to have them, if in the event the Pro7 deal disappears in the future all accounts will likely get merged back into SOE accounts. Pro7 as a company won't be going away any time soon, they look far too big for that and gaming isn't where they derive their main income from, it'll only be the deal that goes sour if their expedition into gaming doesn't work out for them. Time will tell, I don't think it'll be a major problem.

If anything, SOE is far more likely to disappear sooner than Pro7 anyway, they're smaller and all of their eggs are in the gaming basket, a couple of poor performing games to such a company is all it takes to drive such companies under, the money necessary to create games is immense and the risk level for loss is extremely high. THQ are a fantastic example of a company collapsing underneath such things.

Mod: /r/gamernews
Join The Enclave: http://www.enclaveoilrig.com