PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Gameplay: Platoon Leader and Squad Waypoints
View Single Post
Old 2013-04-09, 11:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
leifnielsen
Corporal

Re: Platoon Leader and Squad Waypoints

I think this is an EXCELLENT idea. 5 stars. We need a lot more tools for tactics. I think the main concern is where to draw the line for responsibility. I.E. - What the Platoon leader should have control over vs. What the individual squad leaders should have control over. If you have a platoon leader micro-managing everybody, then the squad leaders have no job.

I think the platoon leader should definitely have those waypoints for each squad, but I ALSO think the platoon leader should be entirely seperate from the squads. He should be a standalone entity above 4 squad leaders. The platoon leader should only focus on where to send squads, not where to send specific individuals.

The squad leader however, should be able to set waypoints for every single member of the squad. As such, it would require a different mechanic than the standard drop down menu. Instead, I suggest giving squad leaders the ability to select single or multiple squad members on the map by either holding "Ctrl" and selecting or by clicking and dragging. Once the desired squad members were selected, when you right click there will be an extra option on the drop down menu that says "Custom Waypoint".

If the click-drag thing wouldn't work, then at least give us Fire Teams.

I also think the platoon leaders should be able to place markers on the map requesting specific support from the empire such as Air units or Armor divisions. I think I saw something saying they were planning on adding this already though...somewhere in the Roadmap I think.