PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Adenn's easy to understand TR LMG Analysis
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-22, 03:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Adenn
Private

Misc Info
Re: Adenn's easy to understand TR LMG Analysis

Originally Posted by War Barney View Post
I would like to point out one thing, don't lie and say good players say the SAW is good, I know how to control recoil and its awful, my outfit members know how to control recoil and its AWFUL. You know why? cos its damage isn't that good compared to its rpm, I crunched the numbers and it has about 1550 dps which is about 150 less than the other starter lmgs.

You combine that with its horrible recoil and its a very bad gun as you can't shoot for long burst as you will end up hitting passing satellites instead, as such the rpm is for all intensive purposes about half what it actually says. I don't really know any NC players who use the SAW, its ok for sniping but anything else its pretty much the em1-6 or the GD 22s, the SAW is worthless.

I know this is slightly derailing the thread but I hate to see people lie about the worst gun in the game trying to make out like its good. If you want to know about bad LMGs play the NC, we have the worst, they have bad recoil and low damage, pretty much every TR and VS lmg will beat a NC lmg in close-medium range combat, at long-extreme range the NC lmg is ok but thats infiltrator territory not heavy.
At first I took what you said seriously...but then towards the end you exaggerated.

For one you say that I "lied". How did I lie? It is a fact that most good players love the Gauss, stats aside. Sniping is an exaggeration as well since that Mid range it is very good as well.

I don't like stats because people think it is the only thing that matters and that aside the easy to control recoil neglects the fact that it has a high vertical recoil. I quite frankly believe that you simply aren't as good as you consider yourself to be (BR 40 only).

If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong my specialty are TR Lmgs not NC. But generally everyone knows that the Gauss Saw is one of the best LMGs in the game.