PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - A Cloakers plea
Thread: A Cloakers plea
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-22, 08:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
RavenUSC3
Private

Re: A Cloakers plea

I used to only use the infiltrator in the early days of the game. I believe the purpose is for just that, infiltration, and scouting. I combined this with moving up the command ranks and early on NC on Emerald had real time communication about what was going on and where in the next base because I was already there. I was using it for scouting purposes though, and not in the middle of the fight.

As far as the reveal enemies goes, doesn't sensor shield take care of that? I use that along with surge if I do happen to load up infiltrator during a battle. I'll just surge through friendly or enemy with the combined speed of the infiltrator and surge. Rarely is anyone able to react quick enough to do anything about it when they see you, and they will, because you're flying through hallways. What generally happens is the 20-30 people that see you running through the base turn around to follow and you'll end up with 20-30 enemies backpedalling to the basement, allowing your guys to push through up top.

I still enjoy using the cloaker and when done right I think its really useful. I had become so good at sneaking around back in the day that even in rexo I can still find myself being able to sneak in to bases. As one poster said above, its all about patience, and most people don't have that. Someone else summed it up too, as an infiltrator, you need to learn to stay the hell out of the way, and really that goes for anyone. If a friendly is firing on some enemies up ahead and you jump in front of him, you should get shot.
First CR5 in Planetside