PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - BFRs
Thread: BFRs
View Single Post
Old 2004-07-20, 09:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #158
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Meursault00
Actually, with enough support, a BFR can become an AntiInfantry platform regardless of the weakness of its shielding because remember that after the shield goes down, there is still the armor that troops have to deal with.
I think it's a given that BFRs will fall to even a squad of infantry properly equipped. They're very large and probably not very fast. They won't be able to use cover like tanks can (one of the reasons a mech vehicle is so impractical in the first place) so it'll be pretty difficult for them to evade AV weapons apart from the Decimator. Also, assuming they don't go to fast, that raises the question of whether they can crush infantry in a manner akin to vehicles running infantry down.

Just to contribute to the main topic though, I am very pleased with the addition of BFRs to Planetside. It always has been a sort of futuristic but not futuristic game, so it's nice to see more sci-fi stuff like BFRs getting added. I also hope they eat tanks for lunch, and aren't really something for infantry to worry about. As I've advocated in previous threads, there needs to be a vehicle designed to kill tanks and yet not extremely effective against infantry. Right now, tanks are so ubiquitous because they blow away absolutely anything on the ground. Once tanks are no longer to unrivaled kings of the vehicle foodchain, perhaps we can finally start to see the other vehicles come into their own, rather than being the "if I can't get a tank" or "if I want to travel somewhere fast" vehicles.