PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Fairness in Holiday Representation / Auraxian Holidays
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-18, 01:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Neurotoxin
First Lieutenant

Re: Fairness in Holiday Representation / Auraxian Holidays

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
We've discussed and tentatively planned out a holiday for each empire to represent them. As for normal holidays we typically don't specify or Hanukkah. We'll call it something winter themed and run it for a few weeks at a time.

Realistically it's possible you are going to see themes around popular holidays because honestly? They are popular holidays. Who doesn't like doing Halloween content? There may be room for other stuff as well.
Hi RadarX, thanks for giving us some feedback on this.

Personally I like the content, but its the imagery that gets me. Don't just call it a December holiday and make it 100% Xmas-themed, its just as fun for players who appreciate it as it is alienating to players who don't appreciate it.

I think this is why I lean towards Auraxis-specific holidays as an alternative to duplicating real holidays. Sure, colored lights on trees if you must, but maybe color them based only on the Empire who controls the region rather than the usual set of colors. Sure jack-o-lanterns, but base them on Auraxian flora instead of traditional pumpkins, I'm sure Auraxis has other gourds that grow on it.

Or something completely different, which is more my preference. It could be a way to breathe true immersion into the game, and some Auraxian holidays could potentially be celebrated by players beyond the scope of the game. I like the idea of holidays that represent each empire too, that can be pretty interesting.

Originally Posted by GhettoPrince View Post
Either bots that represent players that "came back wrong" or just zombie players that can only use melee weapons or something.
That sounds more like a PS1 Battle Island event. :P

Last edited by Neurotoxin; 2012-07-18 at 01:35 PM.