PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - TK'ing 4th factioners, SOE policy?
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-10, 08:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Mordelicius
Major

Re: TK'ing 4th factioners, SOE policy?

Originally Posted by Bulltahr View Post
Just wondering if it's worth reporting these guys? Starting to piss me off.................................
In my experience, reporting (/report and support ticket) these Tkers does practically nothing. The reason why (non-accidental) TK abuse is rampant and out of control is due to lax punishment.

The high level Tkers who kill as they please are especially immune.

I can easily make a list of types of Tker/Grief abusers:

Hack Griefers = Hides underground and blow up your vehicles (especially Sunderers, Flash). Unless you get to your vehicle in time and LET them blow it up, you won't know their name and they can't be reported. On rare occasions they also do it to fixed turrets underground, beyond range or on a aimbotting Liberator.

The only consolation, these out of render range Liberator botters are easy to report. And thank goodness alot of them get banned too, although many has gotten away with Liberator hacking for so long.

Alt Griefers = 4th faction. This is the most common, pervasive and insidious type. They log in to spy, tk and sabotage as they deem fit. They drop mines, grenades, c4 on spawn room/defensible areas/high traffic spots to kill friendly and aid their faction through TK exploit. They also blow up friendly vehicles a lot.

Punk/Troll Griefers = These griefers kill for their amusement. A griefer is riding a tank. There happened to be friendlies right in front. Shoot them for the "lulz". Also this applies to players who deem they are special/important/very high level enough to do as they please. They act like unmitigated gangsters.

Rage Griefers = Newbies projecting their rage unto friendlies. New players who get killed alot get frustrated, shoot friendlies to vent their anger. How do I know these players are newbs? They can't hit you while trying to TK and if you check their killboard, you'll see stream of "killed by" dotted by friendly TKs. And this happens usually at the spawnroom.

Vengence Griefer = These players TK as an act of vengeance. Some feel an accidental TK was unacceptable and TK as vengeance. However, there are far more 4th faction vengeance griefers who got beat on their main so hard, they log on to their alt to find you and basically get back at you for getting owned so badly.

This happens alot to me. It's the same old log-out, Log-in, vengenge tk, log-out routine. This is easy to tell when you check the killboard and it's plain evident they haven't logged in for days, weeks or even months and they just logged on to that character and the first thing they did on the killboard was kill you