PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Questions for Pro7
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-03, 07:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #182
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Re: Questions for Pro7

Brollywood, I noticed you avoided my question. I'm not surprised; the answer probably isn't something you wanted to share with your potential customers ahead of the 'switch over' but I would like to draw their attention to it, nonetheless.

-TR Oakley
Question: Will Region IP locking be used to ensure European players use ProSiebenSat.1 Games accounts over US accounts?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Answer: Yes. But remember, all your character data is still stored on the SOE side, you’re simply changing the “method of connection” to that data. You will still have the option to access the US servers by logging in with your ProSiebenSat.1 Games account.

My question - which you ignored - relates to all those players (and believe me when I say there are many) who intend to play on the US servers, despite having ISPs in Europe. Is your "method of connection" as you put it, to my character (to save progress, make sure I'm still logged in etc) going to mean my ping is going to be significantly higher than I am experiencing currently, connecting to SOE's servers during the Tech Test? I suspect I already know the answer and I imagine it will result in a considerable loss of income for your company as many of us circumvent your region lock.

Last edited by Dart; 2012-08-03 at 07:51 AM.