PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - NC already have the buff
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-20, 01:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Erendil
First Lieutenant

Re: NC already have the buff

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
NC have the best recoil in short controlled bursts.
TR have recoil that starts out high but gets better the longer they shoot (like LMGs in BF2142 and BFBC2)

That makes sense given the NC have hard-hitting weapons, they need to do burst fire. Makes sense for TR also since they are designed for high RoF and damage throughput.

Its hard to say what "high" implies for VS recoil but it seems to imply a large amount of recoil. Was there some dev post or twitter clarifying that?

To me High recoil means it moves a lot. Low recoil means less of an effect.
I'm pretty sure that having a "high recoil" means the VS get a qualitative value rating of "High," not that the recoil itself is high. This is supported by this Planetside2.com Empire Brief on the VS, where they state:

Originally Posted by SOE
The Beamer is extremely accurate and produces little to no recoil. All V.S. weapons benefit from the lack of a concussive round.
I believe the Devs have also stated elsewhere that VS weapons in general have less recoil. Which makes sense for energy-based weapons.

As for TR/NC recoil, it makes no sense to me that a weapon with higher kinetic energy per shot would have less recoil in short bursts.

They way I see it, the NC weapons have the most/worst initial recoil since their higher KE rounds would produce more recoil even in single shot mode. However, their RoF is slow enough that they can almost completely recover from the recoil after each shot, so over time their recoil doesn't get much worse over more sustained fire

The TR OTOH, have lower KE rounds and so have less kick on the first couple of shots, but their RoF is fast enough that they can't recover from their smaller recoil after each shot, so over time it accumulates and the cumulative effect gets worse the longer you fire.

I dunno, either of our lines of reasoning could be correct on TR/NC recoil. I'm at work right now, but when I get home I'll post the exact wording on the PCGUK graph since it wasn't exactly clear.