PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - PS Code of Honor Pact
View Single Post
Old 2014-05-15, 02:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #123
TopDawg
Private

Re: PS Code of Honor Pact

Actually I posted on the OF why TRx parted ways; it had nothing to do with hacking or cheating. The group was simply pulling in separate directions, and each group was better off pursuing its own interests rather than bickering amongst each other.

While the nostalgia blast has had moments of genuine fun, the truth is the game is dated and just as broken as when SOE left it to die originally. Unfortunately PS2 has none of the elements that made PS1 so lasting (barring the obviously broken things that, in the end, lead to its death) and I have trouble getting into a mere glorified deathmatch when I prefer UT style games for that.

It seems unlikely at this point that any game will ever come along to take PS' place, either because there's not a big enough market in it (and perhaps there never was) or simply because it's a forgotten relic of times gone by. Either way, dwelling on a dead game doesn't really do anyone any good, and unfortunately it's not the job of the players to be policemen; it's the job of the devs to create game mechanics that promote not only healthy gameplay, but the longevity of the game as well.

Anyway though, I'm hoping Star Citizen, The Division, and The Crew will at least be pretty good games to play. Only time will tell.