PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Which MAX?
Thread: Which MAX?
View Single Post
Old 2003-04-01, 06:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #96
mr_luc
Sergeant Major

Originally posted by MiniOrca
well im not going to compare to tribes either but i was flying around with my jetpack one day and saw a juggernaugt armor (i was in scout) his aiming SUCKED. And i happened to be good at aiming. I take out a spinfusor(high dmg, slow refire rate, explosive disc shooter) jumped all over the place and pounded the ground near him. I was hardely touching him. Then he takes out dual chainguns and shoots all over the place hitting me rarely but eventually i died, so thats what got me into the idea of haing a MAX in the first place. Anyway i know it wont be like that in PS but i do have the feeling in a MAX you will be able to take out multiple troops at a time.
Yeah I know the mod. Shifter, great mod for casual play. I always play that when I'm tired.

The thing is, nukes aside, I honestly can't remember EVER getting killed by a Juggernaught. Especially in Scout armor -- I don't hit the ground next to Juggernaughts, I nail their asses exactly -- because I am LEET!

Although seriously in that situation I would just ski far enough out of his active chaingun range to kill him with my laser rifle, because taking out a Jugg is a big job and I would'nt waste discs on it . . . kind of silly to be sitting back plinking away at him, but then again, a one-on-one in the open between a Juggernaught and a Scout is kind of funny.

Anyways, back on topic -- it all depends on the jumpjets. Until I know what those are like, until I've played as a Vanu MAX, I really won't have anything other than speculation. Maybe the wait for them to reload is just too long. Maybe AA weapons can acquire a jumping MAX just too fast. Maybe maybe maybe.

When Open Beta kicks off, then I'll know.