PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Weapon Suggestion: NS-80 Devastator AMR
View Single Post
Old 2013-08-27, 12:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
DarkBalths
Corporal

Weapon Suggestion: NS-80 Devastator AMR

"The NS-80 Devastator AMR is an extremely powerful anti-materiel sniper system. This weapon is chambered for the giant .80 caliber anti-materiel cartridge, capable of doing moderate damage to armored targets and massive damage to infantry. All factions can use NS weapons."

everyone's asking for an NS sniper rifle, but since the sniper rifles are carbon copies of each other (more or less) across each faction, I thought it needed a different approach. The NS-80 would damage armour, obviously, because it's an anti-materiel system.

I'd like some feedback on this. The stats are obviously subject to change, and I'd like to hear what people think. The gun right now would do a bit more damage than the Striker, but fires much slower, so one infiltrator can't just blow up an entire armour column. The only way this gun could destroy an entire field of tanks is if a group of players coordinated themselves, all got the gun, then all focus fired each tank. That's teamwork, and would not make this weapon "OP".

Here are the stats I drew up. (I skipped the CoF stuff because it's pretty obvious.):

Name: NS-80 Devastator AMR
Faction: NS
Type: SNIPER
Bullet Max Damage: 850 @ 10m
Bullet Min Damage: 600 @ 75m
Fire mode: Bolt
Short reload: 5s
Long reload: 7s
Mag Size: 3
Ammo Pool: 27 (30 rounds total)
Recoil Vertical: 1.75
Recoil Horizontal Min/Max: 0.2/0.2