PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Question I REALLY want answered.
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-11, 01:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Zulthus
Colonel

Re: Question I REALLY want answered.

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
I see what you are saying here, but I gotta disagree. Even if everyone can do everything, you still need to perform roles, hence needing to rely on other people. For example, the best raids I've been in have used combined arms, so you still need people to fill the different roles. Or perhaps you want to all select the same thing like a max crash team, well more people would be able to participate.

I think this idea of a one-man-army-too-many-certs stems from the type of gameplay PS1 slipped into. By this I mean, the fights are all about the bases so you could fly your mosq, bail out over the base, run in with your HA, then repair and heal yourself. The problem is being able to do all those things at once, not that you are able to do them all.

But you are right, we really are going to have to wait and see when we get more information. The skill trees could be so deep it would take years to get them all at which point who knows what the expansions will bring. Or maybe there are some restrictions on certs. Most importantly, we are going to see how it will play in beta and I have faith in the devs.
You make a good point, but I still would rather have it where players can only have one specialization per character. That's not to say they can't make another and follow a different path. I just feel it would add more to the teamplay aspect.