PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Leadership
Thread: Leadership
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-15, 03:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
BuzzCutPsycho
Sergeant Major

Re: Leadership

Originally Posted by Cosmical View Post
So your enforcement for getting people to follow your orders for an hour, is the promise of success that you may or may not be able to give them?
Yes. I've known nothing but success with my outfit in PS1 and Guild in WoW. I never had to "bribe" our membership just to get them to follow simple instructions which most often than not would result in victory.

What came first the chicken or the egg, or the guy who said "lets make a chickeny eggy type of thing?"
Wow! Your jokes are just as bad as they are in the "comics" you draw. At least you show consistency,

One of the saddest (and most hilarious) truths about leadership in these games, involves the people taking a video game so seriously that they have convinced themselves there is a 'right way to play', and have contempt for those who don't play their way. It's like these people have given up on their relationship with reality and decided that how one plays a video game is really important. Video games are so serious after all.
There is an example of what a bad player would say.

If you belong to the hardcore play my way or else crowd, I'm embarrassed for you, and you have my pity.
Typical response of a bad player who gets beat by the "hardcore" good player.

Anyway back on subject here this is the bottom line. A good leader doesn't need a bribery system to get his outfit to follow his directions. A good leader only needs the tools to make getting said directions accomplished. An example of tools would be platoons, waypoints, etc.

Last edited by BuzzCutPsycho; 2012-04-15 at 03:56 PM.