PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - I made a thing (Terran Propaganda Piece)
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-29, 07:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
TheDrone
Sergeant

Re: I made a thing (Terran Propaganda Piece)

Originally Posted by Atheosim View Post
Yeah, I've always seen them as the people who actually think things through and act for the good of all of the people, whereas the NC are solely seeking power and wealth, and the VS are endangering the entire human race by fucking with shit they don't know about.
Quite an apt analysis of all sides.

Apparently not a lot of people know the background of the TR.

The TR were the guys who effectively saved mankind and lead it to prosperity. The TR democracy (because they really are) reacted to the alien threat rationally. They did the same with internal threats. Which is quite surprising considering mankind had just emerged from a more than 70-year long gruesome war. One would expect a dictatorship, but the TR isn’t. Sure, they might suffer from a certain form of stagnation and perhaps decade and some corruption. But their track record has proven that these are tolerable mistakes, if one considers they’re still able to act rationally and make tough decisions when needed.
Then you’ve got the insane libertarian NC. Glorified corporate lapdogs who happen to mistake freedom with anarchy. When you shout “freedom” and are willing to demand the ultimate sacrifice of freedom from others (by killing them) through terrorism it would seem you have a few wires crossed.
The VS are even bigger crackpots than the NC. Glorifying a means (technology) with no real purpose, save perhaps a kind of sad, no pathetic, to emulate their deities, which happen to be some unknowable aliens. To the petty mind advanced science is indistinguishable from magic and it’s clear that the VS fashion themselves wizards through their advanced weaponry.
Although it should be quite obvious that the VS have anything but a highly evolved morality as they join in the war just as easily as the other “primitive” factions.

A choice for the TR is a rational one.