PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Our Lovely TSA strikes again
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-25, 09:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Re: Our Lovely TSA strikes again

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
I would like airlines to have a hand in the security. TSA is a cost-saving measure though. If airlines had to do their own security flight costs would go up, but I expect bullshit would go way down.

People who want to fly safe would fly on airlines that had better security. Airlines would have personal incentive to take security seriously, and people would have a choice whether they got in the body scan line or the "sure, hop on!" line.

Logistically though it would create all sorts of chaos at the airport and you'd need to be scanned at the gate. It really isn't practical but it sure would be nice. In the absence of that I like that we err on the side of security.
Ideally security would be handled by the airport as part of its operations budget. But then you get different levels of airport security, so some regulation should be required. But the TSA itself is not doing the job, is costing way too much, and is trying to branch out into other non air travel areas. They are trying to make the 'Transportation' part of their name literal.