PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Ressource colection % based on players population and contestation !
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-26, 07:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
MrKWalmsley
First Sergeant

Re: Ressource colection % based on players population and contestation !

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Thats nice but if there any mechanics thats will make (( empty regions ))to not worth it in the (( dead zone hours )) of a certain servers ?

So i mean no contestation will take a way to much time to cap the regions so that will not worth it so players will be concentrate mostly on regions thats actual figth take place ?
The problem with this is time zones. If I live in a country where my usual play time is during the "dead zone hours", then I'm going to go online only to find that there is a separate set of rules for my gaming experience then for someone who lets say, lives in America and logs in during peak times.

Also the fact is actively trying to prevent this just goes against the warfare aspect of this game. Its restricting tactics and restricting certain peoples play-styles. Though personally I would not indulge in capping empty region (as that sounds boring as hell), I do think that it is an inevitable aspect of the game which shouldn't just be killed off out of hand.

Like it has been said, all Empires will be doing this so its not just a case of everyone capping NC lands whenever you're asleep, so it will even itself out.