PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Totalbiscuit Night Ops Footage!
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-17, 01:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #103
Wargrim
Sergeant

Re: Totalbiscuit Night Ops Footage!

Wow, that was absolutely fantastic. Best footage we have seen so far. I cant even describe how much i want the game right now.

The good:
- Night look, mood and feel. Tracers, Lights on buildings, explosions, weapon fire lighting the gun and the surrounding area up. Fantastic.
- The scale. You got a much better feeling here than in the GDC videos or the sreenshots.
- Aircraft sound and afterburner, and the whole feel.
- The high flight ceiling! I hate it when a game has a low max altitude, so i love the fact that you can get really high here!
- Tanks burning, wreckage rolling on, wrecks staying on the battlefield.
- Terran republic AA Max Flak cannons, dakka dakka dakka!
- The large lower indoor areas of the main building, as well as the walkways between the turrets.
- Force field lifts to get up on towers.
- Landscape look, and all the different pathways and stuff. Did you notice the flat top of those huge stone archways? Looks like a tank could drive there!
- Antigravity Lift Tubes.
- Wall Turret placement.
- Overall Look.

The bad:
- Still quite some time until beta state apparently
- Screen shake when he was in that small building and the door shield was hit by what i assume was rapid tank fire. I seriously hope you will never have that bad screen shake in the final game.

On the fence:
- Jump Pads. While i can understand the use of them, they look and feel silly. If you can fire rocket launchers in midair, we are potentially looking at a Quake 3 Rocket Arena match, and as much as i loved Quake 3, i dont want that in Planetside.

Last edited by Wargrim; 2012-05-17 at 01:53 PM.