PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Extra Pistol Slot for Infils
View Single Post
Old 2003-10-02, 10:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Re: Re: Once again

Originally posted by Doppler
You run around i-n-v-i-s-a-b-l-e. You are making a choice to play an infiltrator. Secondly the possiblity of having a second rifle slot implies the expendature of another 3 points, plus another 2 at the minimum if i want to runa round with something outh then a supressor.
You talked about an engineer/medic. That's a total of 6 certs. Where you spend the rest of your certs is up to you. Do you have a choice to have a larger inventory and an extra rifle slot? Yup.

Do i disagree with you that I felt it stupid that interlink facility should have affect on non moving people in general and infiltrators in particular, no. However you knew the risks and the rewards when you signed on, if not having armor bothers you, wear agile, if having to fumble for a rek bothers you, wear agile and have your second pistol slot. These are choices you made and things you give up when you become an infiltrator. Too often people fall into this "Daddy i wanna be the ultra cool killer dude without risk or drawback." it doesnt happen.
What are you talking about? I knew the risks when I signed on? That's funny, I could have sworn that for the months that I was playing no mention was even made of a base benefit that would completely gimp the infil class and actually take away their invisibility. That wasn't a risk that I was made aware of. That's why I created 2 main characters, one to be a standard grunt and one to be strictly infil. Having to fumble for an REK has never been that huge a deal, it was part of the deal. Of course part of the deal is also that I can see when an enemy is using dark light to find me (I can't, much of the time). Part of the deal is being invisible while stationary if nobody is using DL on you (the spawn tube bug already screwed that, the base benefits further screwed it). Part of the deal is being barely visible while crouch walking (the sniper bug screwed that). What I'm saying is that the infil class was certainly not overpowered before these changes, and since the changes they are at a huge disadvantage. Possibly giving something to the class instead of continuing to take things away might be an answer. The dedicated infil is most likely the only character who has received nothing but nerfs since this game came out. The only infil 'buffs' are still pending and that's the Beamer change and the Vanu knife change. Puhleeze.

Oh and if your wondering why I get so heated about people whining about their lot as infiltrators it's because I'm an infiltrator.
Wasn't really wondering, and if you're getting heated on a message board it might be time to take a step back.