PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Gameplay: Naval Warfare and Potential "Continent"
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-15, 09:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Saifoda
Sergeant Major

Re: Naval Warfare and Potential "Continent"

Flaropi, I gotta say I usually don't care for the naval aspect of games (lots of people want inter-continent i.e. oceanic battles) but I can actually get behind what you're saying here.

I imagine a continent much like Cyssor, but with the islands having less land mass, making the separation distances from each other even larger. This would allow, and even necessitate, the use of water craft to effectively move from island to island.

To the naysayers so far, I would point out that this isn't the whole game -- just one continent. And to those (it hasn't been said yet) who will say "it will lower the population on the continents themselves" I would ask you, do you know what the player population is going to be? There might be so many people playing planetside 2 that we could have all three starter continents locked up during peak gameplay. We just don't know those numbers yet, so I really don't find it a valid argument. Not trying to be a dick, just trying to be a little preemptive with what I'm pretty sure will be said eventually