PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - PSU Advertising
Thread: PSU Advertising
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-12, 09:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Hamma
PSU Admin

PSU Advertising

We have added a new feature on the forums that turns various product links (Such as Newegg) into automatic affiliate links.

This new links is non obtrusive and still appears as a normal link, the only difference being if you were to right click one of the links and do "Copy Shortcut" you would see an affiliate link such as "go.ps-universe.net/blah" you can see examples to this in Goku's Recommended Parts Thread.

Only links to affiliates will be changed in this way. These advertisments help to support hosting on the site as well as various charges such as licensing, domains, and software. This allows you to support PlanetSide Universe without even having to think about it!

I will also be testing a feature that turns certain words into affiliate links. Right now that is off in all forums as I am not so sure it is a good fit for this site but I will be testing it in select forums over the next few days.

If you have any questions, concerns or flames please let us know by sending me a PM or replying to this thread.

Edit: If you used the previous Newegg link that has been up the past couple of days please clear your cookies to remove the old affiliate ID.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer

Last edited by Hamma; 2011-08-12 at 10:39 AM.