PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Dual wield pistols yes or no?
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-19, 04:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Hoodlum
Corporal

Re: Dual wield pistols yes or no?

Originally Posted by Trolltaxi View Post
Just because you could have, doesn't mean you should have.

Why not using banana rifles? Why not using little wings for everyone? Why not having 4 arms for everyone all with a 38 S&W? Why not having personal nuclear grenades for every cloacker? Why not giving katanas to everyone that cut through the armour instakilling anything smaller than a Vanguard? Why not homing throwing knives?

Planetside has its own logic, based on some presumptions like you may have shield or you may respawn. These are significant differences influencing everything from the backstory till the tactics used on the battlefield. But the characters have pretty similar capabilities like you and me. They need to aim down the sight to score a hit. They get blind when they face the sun. They get damage when they fall from high... Jet Li or Neo or Christian Bale in the movie Equilibrium may be fine with doublewield guns, but that's out of reach for most people.

And that's the point where it doesn't fit in PS lore. Those soldiers are not superhumans. A Hello Kitty sticker on your gal would not fit the lore either. You could have it, but you shouldn't.
I think there's a big difference between nuke nades and insta kill katana's and having dual wield pistols lol, and you would have to hip fire and couldn't look down sights with 2 pistols