PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Dual wield pistols yes or no?
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-20, 12:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
Trolltaxi
Sergeant Major

Re: Dual wield pistols yes or no?

Originally Posted by Hoodlum View Post
How about because I would like to be able to do it and have it as an option or side grade, what's wrong with that ..... and please tell me how my opinion can be wrong lol
Someone with an opinion can't be wrong unless they're not based on facts or logic. I don't have problem with you having an opinion, I have problem with the concept of dualwield as it is not based on facts, or logic.

As I have already tried to prove, dualwield is neither based on facts, nor follows the logic of the planetside lore.

TR - it is full formal military, they won't go gangsta
NC - mercs and businessmen praising freedom. Why not? Because all the mercs I know about have some sort of a) formal military training and multiple years of service b) use common sense and rely on proven weapons c) don't have ambidextrosity and split brains to aim with 2 guns simultanously
VS - my greatest concerns with dualwield are recoil and aiming. Beamers may have no recoil, but you still have to aim with them, even at close range (2-10 meters).

And you cannot shoot faster with 2 guns than with a single smg, especially with large calibers. You feel lucky if you can hold a .45 somewhere at the general direction of your enemy after the first shot. For lower calibers, there is the SMG.

Dualwield looks badass, great for a game with a different setting ("gangsta ballads" or L4D), but PS isn't like this.