PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Dual wield pistols yes or no?
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-20, 08:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Hypevosa
Sergeant

Re: Dual wield pistols yes or no?

Originally Posted by Triple A View Post
Why would you bother to put away a weapon once you have already blown through a person's armor? The TTK in this game is already super quick 2 shots would probably take out the person's actual health bar.
My biggest problem however is with CoF. I feel like if you were to make it realistic only the Vanu would be able to legitimately use dual wield due to the recoiless Beamer. People would complain about how "OP" Vanu cloakers are and then they would make changes to the other weapons to attempt to balance it and that could then make it so that those pistols are only viable when duel wielded. See where I'm going here? It's all about balance, I've played enough MMOs to know that balance is key.
You'd put the weapon away for the headshot since the accuracy should be balls enough to not guarantee one unless you're less than 10 feet from the person. Chances are if you've dropped their shield, they're running and dodging and generally making it even harder to get a kill shot, or they're stupid and deserve to die.

Vanu would be balanced out by being incapable of headshots I would think (though maybe add a blinding effect instead?) and the mercs would have their faster bloom rate from high recoil and slower firing rate meaning misses would be a bigger problem.