PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Tech Plant Concept
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-18, 09:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Re: Tech Plant Concept

Yeah, bases are huge now, these are just the main structures. There will be tons of smaller buildings, like we have seen, surrounding the bigger base structures, with walls surrounding those.

In PS1, all of the bases were pretty much the same. We had the different base types, which were then copy/pasted wholesale into every spot that base type existed, walls and everything. I can't recall clearly right now, but I think some of the metal crates and barricades were in different positions, and there were different positionings of pill boxes and towers around bases, but beyond that it was all identical.

Now we have fewer main base types (at least at launch), but a lot more variety of how those same bases are implemented. Now the outer walls of each base seem to be able to be in a completely unique configuration for each individual base. The small buildings and structures surrounding the main structure can be uniquely tailored and positioned to give a unique flavor and feel. Bases seem to be able to be partially buried into cliffsides, etc.

Really it should end up being a lot more diverse than PS1, despite having fewer basic base types.

It also seems that they are actually putting some thought as to gameplay flow and balance into the map design, which was sorely lacking from PS1's bases.