PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Welcome Back - We want your feedback!
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-19, 12:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
FOURMEAT
Private

Re: Welcome Back - We want your feedback!

Yay my first post worth posting.

Hi i'm FOURMEAT aka meanmachineX Markov 2004/2007, I am a ( ]graphic/webdesigner and frontend developer from the netherlands and a)frequent visitor of PSU and anything PS(2) related.

I have to say that the new site rocks and love the tapatalk intergration. It has a nice modern look and feels accordingly way more narural.
However i do have a couple of remarks/sugestions;
  • The sidebar header(.div content-block-light-header) is aprox 2 px shorter than the content(.div content-block) and look a bit weird.
  • The bottom gradient of the logo doesnt give enough contrast cuz of the dark background navigation and makes it look like it lays behind the navigation, I sugest using the same margin tghat is used for the page elements.
  • I like the frontpage slideshow but a background graphic/image is equally or even more important, but if implemented the logo/sitename will need even more accentuation.
  • The grunge effect in the sidebar looks realy nice, but in the sub navigation and the form headers it looks more like a repedative stain than a grunge effect.
  • The search bar blue differs from the rest of the site, intensional or not i like it , maybe it would look cool for some other buttons on the site :J
  • Tested the site in IE6 and it looks fine exept for the logo (images/skin/planetside_universe.png). Its a transparant PNG and IE6 renders it like it does every other thing like shit, either replace it which a PNG with a black background or use a javascript/css fix.

Again the site look great love it and will be looking it a lot.... wel atleast till beta starts