PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - *Sigh* Another patch hurting cloakers...
View Single Post
Old 2004-02-12, 08:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Pilgrim
Contributor
First Lieutenant

I play an infinltrator for all three empires at one time or another.

For me with my play style I'll take a beamer over the other 3 pistols any day of the week.

It's not as effective as the spiker, but can hit at about the same ranges while not needing a module to get it. The Mag scatter you have to touch someone and hit them with all pellets 4 times... that's 4. if they don't move (ie sniping) that's possible but more likely then not they'll move, whip around and if not kill you at least chase you off.

The reapeater has decent range, but not near the Accuracy at ROF that the beamer has.

I play NC most of the time now, and thus have to use an AMP (with everyone at br 15+ getting close enough to use a magscatter is suicide anyway, everyone has D/L or an interlink FLB making you an easy target) Simply because feathering the trigger you can actually hit with the AMP at 30M or so... not well, but it can be done.

So gimping the magscatter will make the NC inf much worse. To me it's an unforseen nerf in what is an otherwise great patch