PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Gameplay: "We need a hacker!" - Give LA class the Rek
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-02, 02:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
The Degenatron
Master Sergeant

Re: "We need a hacker!" - Give LA class the Rek

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
That is all assuming that hacking the cc means the same thing in PS2.
Actually, I'm basing this off of the game play footage from E3.

Originally Posted by MCYRook View Post
Well now you're getting somewhere that doesn't sound as bad.
Like I said, I could see that hacking certs of some kinds which increase the basic hacking ability might be class-restricted (or differentiate in effectiveness by class).

You're starting it off with different out-of-the-box hacking timers to begin with, which has a similar flavor.

Sidenote: With PS2 moving towards faster gameplay / less downtime compared to PS1, I very much doubt we'll see any hack durations > 60 seconds. Certainly not > 90 seconds, and probably far below 60 by my guess. Especially since there won't be just that one CC that the whole facility hack depends on.
Originally Posted by xSquirtle View Post
All classes besides the max should be able to hack. I do not like the idea of baby sitting a person because no one else has this ability to hack stuff.

While this is a great concept. Hack times are far to high IMO.
Yea, the actual hack times are definately adjustable. The main point was to illustrate the ratio of time differences between the classes and how the bonuses would affect overall hack times. It could all be scaled according to the best game play outcome.