PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: New Conglomerate Interview with Matt Higby
View Single Post
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-02, 04:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Higby
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Creative Director

Re: New Conglomerate Interview with Matt Higby

Originally Posted by Pyreal View Post
From Interview:

The N.C. was formed for the sole purpose of infiltrating President Connery's expedition to the Moon Belt, as can be seen here.

This entry is of particular note:

Date: July 10, 2630

Time Line:

As we can see the early plans for the N.C. were first brought up in 2630, one year before Connery's expedition to the Moon Belt in 2631. And only ten years before entering the wormhole [the fleet entered the wormhole on October 20, 2640], hardly enough time to work alongside the Terran Republic "on virtually every project throughout the solar system.".

Purpose:
The main goal of the N.C. was to infiltrate Connery's expedition to the Moon Belt and reap the benefits of any findings there. As Connery wanted nothing to do with these businessmen, the N.C. was formed as a clandestine organization.
The N.C.'s stated aim was to gain control within Connery's expedition through his finances, fleet works, and guardian services without Connery's knowledge.

The notion that the N.C. was a quasi-government contractor working shoulder to shoulder with the T.R. is incongruent with the necessities of their purpose.

Interview:

Lieutenant Commander Brent Waterson:

As we read here Lt. Commander Waterson is fully aware of the ongoing and escalating danger that the N.C. posed to the fleet. Not only that but from the following excerpt it is clear that Waterson, who became the provisional commander after the murder of Connery, intended to blame the N.C. for the act:

The leadership of that time was at mortal odds with the N.C., and it is unbelievable that the people who blamed the N.C. for the murder of a beloved figure would be willing, or able, to work with them.

Ain't I a stinker?
I guess I could have better said if as "the new conglomerate is made up corporations which worked on projects throughout the solar system, those corporations continued to work with the TR Government once on Auraxis" the clandestine "rebel" elements within the civilian population were part of those corporations in one way or another, either as executives, private security, workers, etc. The TR is a civilian government, and the fleet was under civilian control... until...