PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Best / Worst - Rate Weapons and Vehicles
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-10, 08:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
MCYRook
Staff Sergeant

Re: Best / Worst - Rate Weapons and Vehicles

See, I realize that subjective overall weapon ratings like we're doing here are sometimes down to preference and often hard to objectively justify. However, I'm pretty adamant that the Sparrow is a big steaming pile of crap compared to both Burster and Starfire, and anyone who thinks otherwise really doesn't know what he's talking about. Can't put it any friendlier way. So if someone does go as far as to make a statement that's just factually wrong, I tend to rather rudely point my finger at that. Sorry for that.

Went to do a field test with this, you were right a perfect hit with ALL ROCKETS, will kill a NC max with shields. That being said, One miss will cause a reload, and death.
Reload and death? How about switch to chainguns, finish him off, and get away with still plenty of health because the Sparrow couldn't fire until his shields went dry and does piss poor DPS even after that?

(See, that's what I meant...)

Still majorly unfavorable if your TR IMO.
No doubt that a locked-down Burster is a sitting duck (which is why you don't lock down until you actually want to fire). But a Burster on lockdown or overdrive runs a pretty tight DPS race against a Reaver if both open up simultaneously. A Sparrow is just so far behind it's never even a contest, especially after the completely unnecessary 20% Reaver armor buff. If the Reaver gets the drop on them, both are dead meat. Only the Starfire gets to LOLjumpjet.