PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - 7.1 Surround Sound and other features
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-31, 10:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
BorisBlade
First Lieutenant

Re: 7.1 Surround Sound and other features

Originally Posted by Goku View Post
I do not know about the whole head turning and keeping your gun pointed in one area at the same time. Sounds a bit overpowered and sounds like it can even encourage some camping to how third person is now in PS.
Not sure you understand what he's talkin about. Gives no advantage other than you can run one way and look another, but that does mean you cant see where you are running. Your view is no better than without it as far as givin any advantage like third person does. The only real difference is you can easily turn your head to look around via an accessory like the TrackIR which is easier and faster than havin to turn your whole body which when moving also changes wehre you are movin too. Its much more immersive, without giving any real advantage. Its hugely helpful in air vehicles.

And they would have to be mentally retarded to not put 3rd person views in for vehicles. Yeah it should not be in for infantry but its a must in a vehicle. You just cant see enough to navigate worth a darn without it. I've never played any good fps game that didnt have 3rd person in vehicles, that alone would tell them its a good idea.