PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Ideas for the "Rich get richer" problem
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-25, 05:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #149
Kran De Loy
Captain

Re: Ideas for the "Rich get richer" problem

Originally Posted by Toppopia View Post
One awesome thing about that happening is that i can either follow my teammates and kill the enemies which sometimes works or i try a more tactical approach like sneaking around them, but the hidden bonus of the team dying over and over again is that they are distracting the enemy with their dead bodies piling up allowing us to flank almost unopposed.
If you and the rest of the 20% of the people that are actually paying attention can take care of that exposed flank by yourselves then yes.

When I made that previous post I was speaking from personal experience with Nuclear Dawn (I love that game). In this particular match one choke point could be held by 6 people easily, and it was being held by 8 from the enemy side. Still, 13 of my 15 people kept going to it over and over again while the other 7 on the enemy team rolled right over the defending 2 people that were paying attention.

It made no sense to me at all when the first point with 8v13 was very narrow killing field, excessively choked up and heavily fortified on both sides while the other point was wide open and could easily accommodate a larger group to take it. In addition to that the second flank also held one of the three major resource points and the only one we had left. So why were 13 of my 15 people going to first flank? Because it was the first one. No other reason to it. None.

It was insane that they ignored all other outside influence. The only way I could have gotten them to move to the other flank would be to completely remove the respawner which would have been equal to inviting the enemy to take the location away from me.

That behavior, that right there happens waaaaaaaaaay too often.

Last edited by Kran De Loy; 2012-04-25 at 05:02 AM.