PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - AGN: Community Clash Recording TXR and MERC vs NNG and TGWW
View Single Post
Old 2013-09-26, 10:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
snafus
Sergeant Major

Re: Community Clash TXR and MERC vs NNG and TGWW

Originally Posted by TorinPS View Post
That isn't the purpose of the rule. The purpose was to prevent people who never play together, from recruiting simply for the event. We've played with these guys all along. Some of them were in TGWW before we started getting all the commitment, some of them were in NNG, all of them we've played hundreds of hours together.

Torkz said that was in the spirit of the rule. That's why we didn't feel like we needed to change our roster. We added them to the outfit as a technicality. Ask any of them though, they've all been playing with us for many months.
Here is the big problem I see with all this TorinPS. I regularly fly with almost all of the aces on Connery during cross faction play. I have even had alts in some of my favorite enemy outfits to fly with them. To be honest I have played with almost all of those guys for the past year of PS2.

Now with your logic it is OK If they were to join MERCS right before a match goes live. It would also be OK if I made an alt and joined any of the enemy outfits before they compete due to the fact I have played with them so much.

The issue here is we shouldn't be encouraging 4th faction play styles into a supposed competitive fight. If I knew it was bring your cool kids friends kind of match I could have indulged you to your hearts delight.

I won't call you guys cheaters or take away from your win as you boys earned it. But we do need to clarify this issue here and now and *** it in the butt as this seems to be a problem that can and will be exploited to stack teams in the future.