PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Making this work
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-08, 07:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
NlightN
Private

Re: Making this work

Originally Posted by SavageB View Post
Maybe it's harder for some of you to afford 15 a month( not saying you Newsith), but as I stated previous, if you want a AAA game then the money has to be there from the fanbase as the game goes on. Smed stated that they will layout a three year plan for us to review and to encourage and give feedback on what we think will be right or wrong, where will that money come from??? Certainly not from a F2P game thats for sure, certainly not from a 4.99/ month sub fee either. This is a business, this is also something that hasnt really been done to this scale ever in the FPS world, so much opportunity and Im glad and happy that it is Planetside 2 breaking out and Im more than happy to chip in my 15/ month and watch this in excitment for the future.

Sure paying a fifteen dollar a month sub isn't an issue to me nor you as us being more of the dedicated players, but we don't represent the majority or what the average player would be willing to pay.

It would be pretty thick-headed for SOE to charge a triple A premium for a non-rpg game, in today's market, with all the big named games from big named companies competing for players standard monthly subs. And you know most players aren't willing to dish out two AAA premium subs. They might have been able to get away with it back in 03, which didn't even have half the number of subscriber based games then that we do now, and even then, PS wasn't nearly as successful as it could have been as some would argue, partly because of that.

At my suggested $4.99/month subscription fee, I guarantee you that the number of subs would be close to double what those would be with a standard premium so your issue about it not being enough to pay the bills is mute. And with an aesthetic driven micro-trans store, ideally that would surpass what they would bring in from a full premium sub model from 'niche' players like us alone.

I really hope, but am really doubtful that SOE is thinking along the same lines as you. Thats the reason I started this thread though, in the case that they might even be pondering the idea and showing from the players responses just how naive that would be, possibly jeopardizing the success of this game.