PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - What do you think of this? (Class System)
View Single Post
Old 2009-10-24, 05:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Tikuto
Major

Re: What do you think of this? (Class System)

Intruiging.

It could be made much, much simpler. Each armor has more limitations than they do already: A MAX cannot drive a vehicle, a REXO cannot pilot a aircraft, a Infiltration suit must not break wind, etc...

In PlanetSide NEXT added limitations and even new advantages would suffice, I think,
  • like REXO having a Darklight vision and Advanced Targetting features on their helmet and are granted use of Heavy weapons
  • Infiltration suit also having Darklight helmet (but can only use when uncloaked) and a new intergrated "External Bionic" to boost melee strength, weapon and accessory restrictions
  • and the standard Agile suit with something else while also being a more generic role with a bigger inventory capacity.
  • NEW: Driver's suit with Advanced Targetting and Satelite Navigation helmet? with more access to vehicles than others?
  • "Pyjamas" with a different concept and look as if they're specially designed for Spawn Tubes. When only wearing these "pyjamas" the player is able to respawn much quicker. An under-layer bodily protection which primarly protects the wearer from Spawn Tube problems.
  • All MAXs having a Personal Shield renamed as Epoxy Nano-Hardener, all able to fly like VS MAXs and their own unique ability (Definately change NC's shield ability). VS MAX being most significantly agile, TR MAX able to passively pour-out excessive damage and NC MAX able to withstand most damage with their enhance Epoxy Nano-Hardener.

Titles like "Storm Strooper" and "Cavalry" would be earned from selected the Certificates, achieving enough kills and so-on from those certificates (Achievements) and a length of time your character owns those certificates (Not instantly changing title, but still able to change role).
It's a whole sense of achievement and tells other players what you're specialized or specializing in, and that personal sense of individualism or whatever that this thread is all about, I think.

Last edited by Tikuto; 2009-10-25 at 04:08 AM.