PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - What do you think of this? (Class System)
View Single Post
Old 2009-10-25, 04:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Tikuto
Major

Re: What do you think of this? (Class System)

Originally Posted by Nubcake and Tikuto View Post
  • like REXO having a Darklight--
    I'm not sure about giving rexo darklight. Considering that its almost a required armour cert to have, if the devs stuck with the current armour layout I think that this would go a good way to murdering the infiltrator as a playable class bar the hardcore few. I don't complain about plugging in adv. targeting however.
    In PlanetSide NEXT I expect Infiltration suits would be a hell lot more fun yet remain balanced. By having Darklight as a helmet feature for both REXO and MAXs, which can be temporarily disabled with EMP, may help maintain balance. I think it's an awesome yet balanced alteration from PS1.
  • Infiltration suit also having Darklight helmet (but can only use when uncloaked) and a new intergrated "External Bionic" to boost melee strength and movement speed ("surge"), weapon and accessory restrictions
    No complaints here. But you can't fit a hamster in the backpack space they have, maybe a slight increase?. Maybe they will, and maybe those armor-restrctions would apply that I mentioned in previous post, and so I would accept Infiltrations suits having more inventory space than they do in PlanetSide1 ONLY under certain conditions.
  • All MAXs having a Personal Shield renamed as Epoxy Nano-Hardener, all able to fly like VS MAXs and their own unique ability (definately change NC's shield ability). VS MAX being most significantly agile, TR MAX able to actively pour-out excessive damage by entrenching and instantly entrenching after free-falling, and NC MAX able to withstand most damage with their enhance Epoxy Nano-Hardener.
Epoxy Nano-Hardener - a personal shield for mechanical and metallic armory which is applied on the surface and activated from an energy source using complex circuitry. It hardens their material and excess energy creates a surface-shield.

Originally Posted by Nubcake View Post
Just a note. I have noticed that whilst I said I wanted to get rid or severely limit the 'universal soldier' type of build I've basically left that option in with the hypothetical 'Grunt' and 'Cavalry' roles. I only noticed earlier. I'm not going to edit the original post, I want to see how this thing evolves. I will say 'Bugger!' and note that yes, it is a rather major error. So split the grunt into 2 roles one with HA the other with AV and cavalry, probably remove the HA and AV but allow the use of rocklets and thumpers. Again, oops.
Maybe something new would appear in PlanetSide. They may work towards a role or create their own new roles/titles. At the end of the day I very much doubt I'd care about having a title - just my role will do!

Last edited by Tikuto; 2009-10-25 at 04:40 AM.